Tuesday, October 4, 2011

catch up attempt..

I really need to get about blogging. I get too far behind and so much happens that I don't even know where to start! I'll do my best!

Boring stuff first! School is good..its getting to the point where it is consuming most of my time. I dislike that a lot. But I know that this is only a phase..and soon it will be over!! So I must press on! This week I've really been hitting the school work hard because..

This weekend I get to see my parents, Melissa and my sweet girls!!!! 

To say I'm excited would be a complete understatement!! We are meeting in Nashville this weekend..I cannot wait! This week Abby came to visit, too. So that's been really nice to see an "old" familiar face. Some days it still feels like a dream. She looked at me today and said, "I can't believe you're really in Georgia!" Me either! There are days when it hits me hard though. Those are the days when I realize this is my life for the next 2-ish years..I HAVE to make the most of it. 

I've started thinking a lot about what I want to do after I'm done with school. I even looked up Master Degree Programs based off of the Child Life website. Good news IL friends--if grad school happens..it will be at ISU! December 2013 is when I will be done with my undergrad so I definitely have a ways to go, however I really like to have a plan. I should know by now that my plan never turns out the way I expect it to! His plan does. 

I feel like I'm just doing a lot of rambling, just be happy I'm blogging :) 

OH! So the college group here is taking a group to the Passion conference in January at the Georgia Dome. Its going to be awesome and I REALLY wanted to go, but I will be home then. Plus, I don't really want to come back to GA that early. Don't get me wrong..I LOVE it here and I'm sure by then I will be missing my GA family like crazy--buuuuuut I want to be able to spend as much time as I can with friends and family in IL before I have to come back. I couldn't let it go though. I just kept feeling a tug on my heart about this and it just kept on being brought up. So I went out on a limb and decided to send information to Amanda, Whitney and Megan. I totally expected them to be flat out like..no way. It didn't happen like that though! Whitney and Megan both said they weren't sure they could swing it with work and everything else. Plus, the tickets and hotel is going to be a lot of money. I hadn't heard from Amanda so I kind of figured she was out, too. Still, I couldn't let myself just drop it. So I texted Amanda and asked her if she got my information about it and her response was pretty much, "Yeah, I'm going." End of story. SO EXCITED! I texted her back and said, "So wait, like you think you wanna go but aren't sure??" Nope, she's GOING! AHHH! Okay, God..I hear you! God always, ALWAYS provides! Whit and Meg got tickets too! All 4 of us are going to Passion in January and I could NOT be more excited about what God is going to do in each of our lives! I know without a doubt it is going to be a life changing experience!! 

I want to bring them down here to meet every single one of my friends too..still working on that one. :) 

I have no idea what I have said in this and I'm not going to proof read it. So I will leave you  (all 2 of you) with this goal: I will TRY to blog more and take pictures. I have taken maybe 2 pictures since being down here...ooooops! There really are faces behind each person I've talked about down here! I have said this before but I will say it again--I am so blessed to have met so many wonderful people down here! 

Have a great Wednesday ya'll!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment